She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.

Proverbs 31:27

Monday, February 11, 2013

Beef Jerky

http://www.eatingrules.com/2012/10/how-to-make-beef-jerky/

I made Hannah Cordes Beef Jerky yesterday and it turned out amazing.  I did not have any homemade Worcestershire sauce so I skipped it.  It didn't affect the recipe much because I was using a smaller brisket.  Only about 2 tablespoons of marinade were left in the bag which means it was almost all absorbed by the beef.  I use this organic soy sauce called; Tamari Soy Sauce it is naturally brewed and made by Eden Organic.  I love this soy sauce and anything which I have used it in is immediately so much more wonderful tasting.  I get it in the health food section at Krogers.  I had trouble grinding that much black pepper but the finished product tells me I used enough.

I should have taken the toothpicks out right away because the beef strips dry and shrink more after you take them out and cool them.  I had to pry the picks out with a sharp knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment