She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.

Proverbs 31:27

Saturday, March 16, 2013

~ A Reason To Carry On ~

  
Finishing a birthday card for his Mother.

When you died
a part of me died too.
Not a part that can be seen,
but a part that feels.
The energy,
the gumption,
the get up and at it,
the go,
the drive,
the will,
the power
the part that 'wants',
the part that is 'alive'.
Doctor's love to see this part
if a patient is to heal.
The part that's called
Desire.
It is the fight inside,
the struggle to survive,
to overcome
 to win.
The succeed part,
it died,
Bringing flowers on her birthday.
that day in: 
2011, the 29th of May.

Debbie Lynn,
The memory of your smile,
your need,
your beauty and grace.
The love we shared,
mother for daughter,
daughter for mother.
The things I hold that you once touched.
Your son,
your little sister Chloe.
News from your syblings
who live far away,
and all the young ones with them
growing up today;
Stephan, Loralei, Larry, Elijah, Olivia and Isaac,
they keep me moving,
give me plenty of reasons,

to get up and LOVE,
to get up and LIVE.
To share
Little Sister bringing flowers.
and to smile
and to listen
and give.
 To cook
and to plant
and to harvest
and sew.
To wash
and to tend to the loves I have still.
To be here for those
who need me to be.
To find joy
 and contentment
as long as God wills.
When my work is done,
when I'm no longer needed,
and as soon as God chooses,
I'll be there in heaven with you.





1 comment:

  1. This is the most beautiful thing I have ever read. We miss her so, an incredible soul! She surrounds us, though we cannot see. Our human eyes not open wide enough. She sits next to our Savior waiting for our arrival. Never a drop of pain or fear. She said she would save me a seat in Heaven, I told her it was okay to leave, I would miss her deeply. That I would stay in Contact with her wonderful family. Unknowing how much she changed me forever, my heart, my mind and soul. I kissed her on Tuesday after reading her a card from Brittany, the last waking moment to be spent just her and I. My children hold the gifts and memories of her dear, Never to be lost. We encourage the talks of her. I hold you all close to my heart...Hanna, Mark, Chloe, Joanna, Andrea, Carl and Eli. My tears still fall, won't ever stop. You had just enough time... To bring us all alot of love and teach a whole lot of lessons. Forever Remembered Debbie!

    ReplyDelete